The Applied Ecology Research Center is part of the Faculty of Sciences of the „Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu.
The research center comprises of teaching stuff, researchers, Ph.D. and M.Sc. students from the „Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, as well as associated researchers.
The center conducts research in the following domains:
– natural, semi-natural and anthropic ecosystems: evaluation, productive capacity, resilience and management
– assessment, monitoring and management of biodiversity, bio-resources and ecosystem services
– analysis of the functional role of biodiversity and of the causal relation between biodiversity, ecosystem functions and ecosystem services
– invasive species: monitoring, prevention and control
– natural and anthropic hazards: assessment, modeling, protective systems, and ecological reconstruction
– management of aquatic and semi-aquatic ecosystems in the context of climate change
– evaluation of the interactions between the ecosphere and socio-economic systems, as a base for sustainable development